The Senior Front End Developer’s primary responsibility is to code high-performance websites for our enterprise clients. These will include websites, mobile web apps, intranets, commerce solutions, and community sites.
What You’ll Do:
- Build Web components as per the style guides specified by the UX team.
- Implement new features for products by quickly and efficiently transforming mockups into fully functional user interface integrated with backend business application components.
- Bridge the gap between user interface design and technical implementation.
- Work alongside UX team to ensure style guide components are accurately represented across products.
- Collaborate with other development teams to develop a strategy that enables a great user experience.
- Continuously research new and best coding practices.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
The Skills You’ll Need:
- Working experience/knowledge on Pattern Lab.
- Passion for user experience and user-centric development.
- Strong communication skills that include leading design-related conversations, ability to build and nurture good relationships and foster an environment for collaboration.
- Self-starter and passionate learner.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Creative problem-solver with a strong eye for detail.
- Strong team player who is able to self-manage time and deliverables proactively.
- Experience with version and source control, preferably Git or bit-bucket.
Other Skills We’d Like:
- Experience working in an agile team structure.
- Experience working alongside UX team.
- Experience with browser testing and debugging. Understanding of all major browsers and the special considerations required for their various quirks.
- Familiarity with Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, Adobe Creative Suite or similar tools.
Experience & Education:
- 5+ years of experience in front-end development or related discipline.
- Degree in computer science, design or related field.