Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bangalore
Strong on the basics and advanced technical concepts of Magento / PHP, exposure to designing
and architecting highly scalable Magento implementations, comfortable building and
customizing new Magento plugins, perform advanced optimization for high traffic e-commerce
portals, ready to lead a large team of engineers, mentor and grow the team.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the architecture and design of complete solutions within realistic budget and schedule
- Write code and work with teams to develop engaging digital experiences on Magento platform.
- Troubleshoot development and production issues across multiple environments and operating
- Mentor and train teams on Magento platform.
- Update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products
by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining
personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different
The Skills You’ll Need:
- 6+ years of total experience in Web application development, ideally in PHP and PHP
frameworks like Laravel CodeIgniter Li3 Yii Symfony with an emphasis on Object Orientated
- 2+ years experience in Magento 2.x platform or above
- Understanding of the Magento System Architecture, Design, Theming, Functionality
- Should have the knowledge to customize Magento Theme and working with themes in the past.
- Strong experience on MYSQL DB and query optimization.
- Experience working with Redis, Memcache, Varnish for caching, session management and
- Experience working with nginx and apache web servers and setup + fine tuning the
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (SASS or LESS).
- Experience in creating responsive web applications using BootStrap.
- Understanding of build tools like composer, docker, web pack, grunt, gulp
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well
- Knowledge of techniques and tools for performance optimization (YSlow, PageSpeed,
- Experience with source control tools (Git, SVN, etc.) and development workflow
- Experience with browser testing and debugging. Understanding of all major browsers and the
special considerations required for their various quirks.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Clear understanding of limitations of Magento.
Other Skills We’d Like:
- Experience working with Magento Commerce and Magento Cloud.
- Experience working in an Agile team structure.
- Experience working alongside UX team.
- Familiarity with Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, Adobe Creative Suite or similar tools.
Experience & Education:
- 2+ years of experience in PHP development, 1+ years in Magento.
- Degree in computer science, design or related field.